Yesterday I was nominated for the Creative Blogger Award, courtesy of Krystallina from the blog Daiyamanga. Thanks a lot Krystallina, I appreciate it! If you read manga, then definitely check out her blog.
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- Share 5 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15-20 bloggers and add their links.
- Notify the bloggers you nominated.
- Keep the rules in your post to make it easy for everyone to know what to do!
1. The personal statement that I wrote to get into graduate school discussed the possibility of plant intelligence. While that may sound crazy to most of you, it’s actually an idea that’s been gathering support lately in the academic community (well at least in a tiny subsection of it haha, most people still think it’s insane). I’ll give you a brief explanation for how this is possible. At its most basic level, intelligence involves electrical and chemical signaling. This is true in humans and is how our brains operate. Electrical and chemical signaling also occurs in plants. Sure, some of the chemicals are different from those in humans, but the presence of signal pathways offers the possibility for some level of intelligence.
2. I watched the live action Attack on Titan movie a couple days ago. I didn’t have high hopes for it going in, but I still was not prepared for how bad it was. The story differs significantly from the anime, and in my opinion they made it much worse. Part of that is because they really changed Mikasa’s character, and she was my favorite character in the anime. I don’t want to spoil anything, so I’ll just say that she is much less awesome in the movie. They also got rid of Levi and replaced him with some other character. (I know, how could they? Who doesn’t love Levi?) The new character they used instead was obnoxious in my opinion and just made the movie worse. Anyway, see it if you want, but I certainly don’t recommend it.
3. I took piano lessons for 12 years, from first grade until I graduated high school. I don’t really play seriously anymore, but I do mess around on the piano from time to time. Speaking of pianos, there’s a funny moment in Love Lab where the father of one of the characters sings a song about lingerie while playing a piano. It’s fairly entertaining, so I included the clip below. The anime is pretty good. I would recommend it if you are looking for some laughs.
4. I have visited 7 countries besides the United States. Those include Spain, Portugal, Italy, Switzerland, France, Belgium, and the Netherlands. I really enjoyed traveling and would love to find a travel companion for the future. Now that I’ve started watching all this anime, maybe Japan should be the next destination.
5. I’m having a hard time deciding whether I like Hunter x Hunter (2011) or Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood better. Both are terrific shows, and I gave them both a 9/10 on MAL. However, I had some issues with parts of the last few episodes of FMAB (I don’t want to say specifics because of spoilers), and Hunter x Hunter really slowed down during the chimera ant arc (though the ending to that arc is excellent). Both shows also have a fair bit of comedy to them, although I think Hunter x Hunter was the funnier of the two. (However, I saw Hunter x Hunter more recently, so my opinion could be skewed.) I didn’t take many screenshots while watching them, though, for various reasons, so I apologize that I won’t be able to share many funny moments on the blog unless I rewatch them. If anyone is looking for a good action/adventure anime, these are both great choices and I would highly recommend them.
- Aniwhat? Aniwho? Anime.
- Anime Reviewer Girl
- Otaku Highschool Life
- Alpha Manga
- Sebastian’s blog
- OTAKU LOUNGE
- The Anime Madhouse
- That Baka Blog
- Mekakushi Megane
- How To Be A Weaboo